And now for this week’s sentence to finish: “If I could have dinner with anyone in history
it would be with Margaret Sanger, Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Soujourner Truth, Eleanore Roosevelt, and Mary Wollstonecraft“
- What do you think of society now?
- Are women treated equally in their eyes?
- Society and the media still preach “don’t get raped instead of don’t rape” Has anything changed since your time?
- What are your views on birth control, Roe VS Wade, and men telling women what to do with their bodies? Do you think anything has really changed?
- Have men accepted women as their equals?
- Have women taken advantage of equality?
- Do you believe in marriage equality?
- How do you feel about women’s fashion?
- If you could address the world now, what would you say and why?
- If you knew how the world would turn out, would you have still fought hard for your beliefs?
I know as a woman, wife, and mother there are more changes that need to be made with the way society treats women. I also feel that society, the media, and fashion industries have gone crazy with this idea and are over sexualizing women. When newscasters portray how a man’s life is over because of what he did to a girl and not once talk about the victim, I think off of these women and their hard work was for NOTHING. When women are still sexually harassed at work and are afraid to report it, I think their fight was for NOTHING. When I read that a woman was stalked and murdered and there was nothing they could do, I cry for the women who fought this and yet it keeps happening. Those women are heroes, revolutionaries, fighters…but did they make a difference? Or perhaps they started the fight so we can finish it.
And next week’s sentence to finish: ”The best 4th of July I ever had was…”