Dino’s 4th birthday party was a success. I love that Dino was so thankful and appreciative of the party and gifts. He kept thanking his friends for coming and celebrating with him. When he gets wild and doesn’t listen, I remember what a kind, generous, thankful boy he is and it makes me smile. God sure has blessed me with a great kid.
Stew Leonard’s ROCKS at parties and I am glad we used them for Dino’s party. The food and kid activities were better than I imagined. Though yesterday we had this conversation which broke my heart a bit. He’s just too darn smart and I feel like he is testing me sometimes.
Me: Did you like Spiderman at your party?
Dino: Yeah, but he was just pretending, Mommy
Me: (trying not to be disappointed) What do you mean? That was really Spiderman.
Dino: No, Mommy. That was a costume not the real Spiderman. The real Spiderman doesn’t have strings on his head. (He was referring to the strings on the back of the mask.) And he didn’t shoot webs, Mommy.
Me: (He stumped me and I tried to come up with something to prove to him that this Spiderman WAS real, but how could I convince him in the face of such great evidence. Besides Spiderman didn’t even talk, LOL.) He wasn’t allowed to shoot webs at Stew Leonard’s. I think he has different masks, it was really hot yesterday and he probably wanted to take off his mask after he left.
Dino just looked at me in a way I could only describe as “you are full of horse poop mommy”. Then he shook his head and continue to play with his dinosaurs before I had interrupted him with my obviously stupid questions. I swear, this kid is too smart for his own good. Did he put up with this “fake” Spiderman just to appease me, or did he realize Spiderman was fake afterwards? I guess this is the tough part of parenthood trying to convince them you are not delusional or weird; and trying to make them believe so you can keep them “young” forever.
Questions for Dinosaur at age 4: (I’ve seen these questions on quite a few blogs for their kid’s bdays. I loved the idea.)
- What is your favorite color? pink, purple, and green
- What is your favorite toy? Scooby Doo
- What is your favorite fruit? apples and bananas
- What is your favorite vegetable? crunchy carrots
- What is your favorite show? Shawn the Sheep and Scooby Doo
- What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? hummus and pretzels
- What is your favorite thing to wear? Spiderman underwear and shirt
- What is your favorite game? bean bag game
- What is your favorite snack? gummies
- What is your favorite animal? piggy
- What is your favorite song? The Cat Came Back and Itsty Bitsy Spider
- What is your favorite story? No David book
- Who is your best friend? daddy and mommy (sniffles)
- What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios without almond milk
- What do you like to do when you go outside? run, jump, play monster
- What is your favorite drink? apple juice
- What is your favorite holiday? My Birthday
- What do you like to take to bed with you? all my animals (and he does)
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? cookies (NOT TRUE)
- What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? pasta, sauce, and meatballs
- What do you want to be when you grow up? firefighter and police man