Five Minute Friday: OPPORTUNITY
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
Too often we focus on what we want and don’t have, or what we need to make our lives better. Instead we need to focus on what we already have that makes our lives wonderful. If we stop to than God for the amazing gifts we have we will see how blessed we are.
I have a wonderful opportunity to be a mom who can teach her son to love with his whole heart, have faith, be a good man and understand how to be truly happy.
I had an opportunity to rebuild my faith, not only for myself but for my son.
I had an opportunity to work for a different company, and despite the fears and nervousness I jumped in and am loving what I do.
I have an opportunity to be a better wife, to show my husband patience and understanding at the most difficult times.
I have an opportunity to enjoy every moment of my life, to see each moment as a treasure gift and live life to the fullest.
I don’t want to squander these opportunities, rather take them in my arms and be the best mom and wife I can be.
1. Have you set any goals/resolutions for 2013? LOL…I am posting about my resolutions in the super secret swap later on today.
2. Have you made any travel/vacation plans for 2013? Hubby and I were talking about this two days ago. We decided on three places, depending on if I am working again in the fall and how we feel as the summer approaches. We are looking into Lake George, which I am not too interested in. I think our son would LOVE Rocking Horse Ranch which is an all inclusive resort for families. It has everything for our family and would definitely hold the interest of our son.IT is pricey, but includes EVERYTHING.
3. What room is never cleaned in your house? LOL… It would have been better to ask what rooms in my house are always clean. But when you have a wild kid who lives on destruction it’s hard to keep it clean. But I guess the worst room would be his bedroom, there’s toys and missing pieces all over the floor. My husband would say the living room, because he is always stepping on or sitting on small toys that make him wince in pain. Let’s not forget he likes to pull out our items and use them to play with his toys. I guess food containers are really cool toy accessories to a three year old.
4. What food must be in your house at all times? Almond milk, bread, dairy free butter, eggs, cheerios or rice krispies, cold cuts, mayo, and goldfish. Without those essential items I might be in trouble with Dinosaur.
5. Are you a hugger or more of a hands off person? It depends on the person really. I am always hugging and kissing my son and hope he will always hug me no matter how old he gets. But then I NEED my personal space…though I should be more affectionate with people that I love and cherish.