Five Minute Friday: RACE
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
- It’s a race to get dinner ready on time,
race to make it to the doctor’s appointment,
race to clean up all the toys before bedtime,
race to make the bed before I leave,
race to get breakfast on the table,
race to take Balboa out,
- race to get grocery shopping done.
- When you sit down and breathe, relax for a moment you realize there is no race.
You look around and smile, there is no reason to race, you have everything important that you already need.
- In that moment it doesn’t become a race…but a joy. You smile, enjoying each task.
- You are here, in the moment. You are folding clothes, making dinner, taking out the dog, bringing your son to the grocery store.
You watch others race around you, but you smile. You know that living in the moment is perfectly exhilarating and a true blessing.
2. Do you ask your spouse before spending money? For big purchases, yes. I’ll tell him what we need to do after thinking about it for a while. He’ll ask me if we should do something. I think he’s more frivolous with money. We have a few kitchen appliances just SITTING in the kitchen, that he used ONCE.
3. If you could be famous for something what would it be? hmmmm….I would love to be famous for ….Oh I can’t just think of one thing right now. There are so many parts of me and by picking just one, I feel like I am leaving out what makes me ME. I know that sounds strange, LOL.
4. Have you ever seriously thought you were going crazy? When have I NOT? I swear in the moments when I tell hubby the right way to do something and he does it WRONG or doesn’t listen…I can feel my head twitching. Or when I know I put the something down in a certain spot and then it’s NOT there. Or how about when I go in the kitchen five times because I can’t remember why I keep walking in there, LOL…mom brain for sure.
5. How do you eat your steak? Burger? (as in, well done, medium, still moo-ing…) My steak must be red and juicy in the center, oh it’s so good that way. I love my burgers pink in the middle with the works…mayo, mustard, ketchup, relish, pickles and sauteed onions……oh want a burger right now.