Five Minute Friday: WELCOME
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
He walks into church knowing he is welcomed, he smiles as he follows me to our seats. Happily he sits and waits for his snack. Though he may be holding his car and chewing on a snack, he is listening-welcoming God into his life.
Nervously, I walk into a a new place, unsure about what to expect but am greeted by a friendly face. That one smile, that sense of you are welcome here sets me at ease.
After a long break, I started blogging again and was welcomed in as if I had never left. Changes were made, social media introduced, but the welcoming feel of fellow bloggers remained the same.
I left for a bit while things imploded and I sought refuge in negativity and sadness. After I opened up my heart to the Lord again, He welcomed me back in and whispered that He has always been there for me, I was never alone.
Even though my three year old redecorated, there may be some dust, drawings on the wall, toys on the floor, pillows in the kitchen, and dishes in the sink, dog toys all over and beds unmade; you are welcome to come in. This home is lived in, we enjoy each moment and hope you can plop on the couch and enjoy the moments with us.
1. What album/cd/download are you embarrassed to admit you have? Oh, I have no idea. ummmm, I’m not that into music, but bought a few DVDs when I was going through my Joaquin Phoenix phase MANY, MANY years ago. I think I watched each one ONCE and now they are just collecting dust. I probably should just give them away, LOL.
2. What’s the one thing your spouse does better than you? Hmmm, my hubby sleeps better than me. Seriously, he can sleep through a tornado and wake up as if nothing has happened…then tell me I chose to wake up. Do all hubbies block out loud noises, like crying kids, or is it just mine?
3. When do you start buying Halloween Candy? I actually bought some three weeks ago, only because it was on sale for a really good price. I got a a bunch of candy for .50 cents to a $1.00 a pack… coupons rock. Besides, we are renting a new apt and I don’t know how many trick or theaters we will get.
4. Family closets – Yay or nay? Family Closet? You mean where we share ONE closet. NO WAY. Hubby has too many clothes, he has more clothes and shoes than me, if you can believe that.
5. Which home/cleaning chore do you hate the most? Why? I HATE ironing, absolutely HATE it. Before I had a dryer in our place, I would would either iron it while angry or just wear it wrinkled. Now, with a dyer I will sprinkle the clothes, put them in the dryer for a few minutes to get the wrinkles out or just were it. I only iron if it is a VERY important reason or occasion.