Five Minute Friday: WIDE
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
No matter how many times you…
draw on the wall
scream and cry when you can’t get gummies or a lollipop
throw your toys or shoes at the TV or me
run outside to see what Daddy is doing without asking for permission
ignore me when I try to talk to you about your behavior
hit me out of frustration
refuse to eat a meal
pinch your doggie, Balboa
cry and shout because you can’t express what you want with words
jump from couch to couch and ripping off the pillows
I will always have my heart and arms WIDE open for you my sweet boy. I will always love you, no matter what you do, I will always be there to embrace you and love you. My love for you is WIDE open, it’s limitless
God is there for us, His arms WIDE open holding us tight. If you truly look, take a deep breath, you can see Him reaching down to you embrace you.
1. What is one grammar issue you cannot let go without correction? hangs head in shame, I often miss grammar mistakes I should have seen. I am the LAST person to ask that question. Though when I see the errors, I MUST correct them.
2. What’s your favorite thing about fall? The colors and smells, though I am really looking forward to picking leaves with son and creating some cute fall crafts. Then there is apple and pumpkin picking. Oh and let’s not forget apple cider and apple doughnuts. What is there NOT to love about the fall?
3. What’s your favorite dish to take to a potluck? I used to take a chili dip, but really can’t anymore that we stopped eating dairy and no one seems to like the soy cheese on there, LOL. I try to bring a yummy dairy-free dish I know son and I can eat. So…depending on the weather and the crowd…slow cooked chicken wings, chips and guacamole or hummus, quinoa or couscous salad, or fruit salad.
4. When do you start Christmas (Holiday) shopping? I don’t want to think about that, but I should start very soon. I try to think of ideas now and when I see something I buy it, I don’t EVER want to be stuck worrying about last minute gifts or stocking-stuffers. Though, I always seem to do anyway. I just picked up a bunch of really cute “thingies” can’t really say what they are since family reads this. They will make for a cute stocking stuffer.
5. Did you move homes a lot growing up? No, I was very lucky to have one home when I was growing up, though we didn’t move there till I was three. My parents still live in that house, so it saddens me that my son won’t have a home to call his “family home”. Though he is loving the outside freedom of this apartment, and…home is where wherever your family is.