Time for more Friday Fun
1. What do you enjoy doing the most with your spouse? I love settling in on the couch, with popcorn and wine; and watching a side-splitting comedy. (Yes, popcorn and wine are delicious together, LOL) He doesn’t like to watch drama, horror, or suspense with me; because I will look on moviespoiler.com to see how it ends. Yes, I can read gory crime dramas, but I CAN’T watch them.
2. How do you eat your taco? From the top or from the side? I can ONLY eat it from the side, otherwise I would make an even bigger mess than I already do.
3. Have you ever shut off the basement light and ran like a fool because you knew someone was down there and would get you? After reading all the gory crime dramas that I do…YES!!!!!!! Hubby laughs at me and thinks I am a psycho, but I refuse to go down to the basement. If he wants to go down there, get caught, chained up, and buried alive, that’s his prerogative.
4. If you could change one thing about you what would it be and why? I love myself and wouldn’t change ONE thing about me. Besides, change one thing about yourself and who YOU are changes. And…if my son sees that I am unhappy about something, what is that really telling him? He came from me…so how would that make him feel and think about himself? I do wish I could find a job though, if that counts.
5. What age do you think is appropriate to have the “bird and the bees” talk with your children? I feel it depends on what my son asks me. I already talk to him about his body, how it belongs to him and ONLY him. The doctor can look at him, ONLY if mommy or daddy is in the room. He knows who is allowed to change his diaper and who isn’t. At three he already knows the basic physical differences between mommies/girls and daddies/boys. I have no problem answering any of his questions in language he can understand. Once kids feel they have gotten a straight answer, they are happy and go on with their day. I want son to know that he can ask me ANYTHING and tell me ANYTHING, this will be important as he enters pre-teen and teenage years.
Dear Producers of the movie “Cedar Rapids”,
What a hilarious movie. I never laughed so hard. I had to share it with hubby
and laughed again when he lost it too.
From a satisfied viewer.
I promise to stop trying to get you to potty train. I know I stressed you out and will let
you be and decide when you are ready.
Love your understanding mommy
Dear cars who like to turn around in my driveway, speedy delivery trucks, & careless food delivery drivers
It seems like the circular driveway is empty, but YOU ARE WRONG. Not only are you are coming onto PERSONAL property, but the driveway opens to a rectangular driveway that my son runs around in and rides his bike. Your careless driving is putting my son’s life in danger. I do not appreciate you barreling around, therefore this neon-orange “children at play” triangle will keep you from either coming onto our property for u-turns or warning you to go slow for the safety of a child.
From a livid mother bear who will not hesitate to show her teeth and claws.
Join the Hop Along Friday
Five Minute Friday: CHANGE
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
……Often hubby will come home and see furniture moved around, cabinets rearranged, curtains replaced, or clothes sorted out. He never knows what to expect. Why? His wife loves change. Yes, I LOVE to change it up and try new things. Something inspires me and I have to try it. This is why I love decorating,
it’s perfect for someone who wants a little variety, and then when I get bored it’s the perfect time
to take it down.
Now with a new place, I am itching to decorate for Halloween. Not being in a condo any longer I have the freedom to add more whimsy and festivities for our son. I can decorate our porch and add some details to the lawn. I know son will love the decorations and get as excited as me.
Then there is all the great fall activities we can do as the season changes. Oh boy, now that he is three years old he can have more fun helping me look for leaves. We can make collages, weather, leaf rubs, and possibly weather chimes. The possibilities are endless and the surprises will never end. Half the fun is coming up with an idea and trying it out. If it works that’s great, if it doesn’t we still had fun..…..
run washing machine if full
put away dried clothes
clean up disaster areas from Hurricane Dinosaur
vacuum living areas
declutter and organize